Monday, November 26, 2012

DT intros - Part one

Now that things are slowing down a bit after our big holiday week last week we would like to take the opportunity to introduce more formally our new DT members!  We are thrilled to welcome
Monica
My name is Monica Moore and I'm from the midwest state of Indiana.  I'm recently married so you will find that a lot of my pages are of my husband and I (new and old).  I also have two little kittens that my husband and I added to our little family over the summer.  I've always been a crafty and artistic person and scrapbooking has been a fun way for me to be crafty without having to over think things.  I've been scrapbooking since I was in middle school, but I've really gotten into it in the past two years.  I had the opportunity to work at a scrapbook store for a year, which really helped my stash GROW! My stash has gotten a little out of hand, but who's isn't?!?!?!  I love to scrapbook anything that happens in my life, the big things and small things.  My favorite scrapbook brands are October Afternoon, Simple Stoires and My Mind's Eye just to name a few.  You'll find in my pages that I'm not afraid to mix and match brands, I just use what I think looks good together.  Monica recently started her own blog, called Document Moore Memories so be sure to check it out if you would like to see more of Monica's lovely work.

I am a wife and mother to 3 girls and we live in a very small village in Essex, United Kingdom. I have been scrapbooking for about 7 years and I run a local scrapbooking club. I have tried my hand at several crafts but I think scrapbooking is my ultimate favourite by far, I just love the diversity in the industry where no matter what your style or skill there is always a product to enhance or help in your creativity. My favourite product has to be paper (can you have too much paper?) and my favourite tool is my Bigshot.
My other hobbies include reading, gardening (including growing my own veg) and I have just learnt how to switch from auto to manual on my DSLR!  I love nothing better than doing scrappy challenges sas it makes
 me think out side my little square box and I enjoy blogging to get inspiration and new ideas (there is just so much out there).  Please visit Kerry's blog, Scrapbooking for the love of paper, for more inspiration!


Hi my name is Tamika and just like Will Smith I am Philadelphia born and raised. My husband and I have two sons, two daughters and two dogs between the two of us. My daughters are growing up so quickly but I am far enough behind in my scrapping that they will stay young forever in my heart, lol. I have been a crafter all of my life in some shape or form. It started with drawings, then home-made paper dolls, sewing, cooking, fabric painting, latch-hooking, jewelry making, nail art & designs, crocheting and finally my true love scrapbooking. I started scrapbooking after receiving a mail order kit and my passion for this art form has grown over the years. Besides layouts I enjoy creating hand made gift items, cards, notepads, etc. and I teach crafting classes at an Assisted Living Facility twice a month. I find creating pages therapeutic and my own private escape from life's hustles and bustles. I love using sketches and I look forward to sharing and learning from you. You can find more of Tamika's work on her blog, Phillyscraps.

I hope you will join me in welcoming these lovely ladies to our team!  We have three more DT members, one sketch artist and THREE senior DT members to introduce in the next few days, so join me again tomorrow for more introductions! 
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your lovely creations over the next months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful intro Lisa, wooohoo go team go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Can't wait for the first reveal!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to designing with you ladies. Welcome, welcome, welcome.

    ReplyDelete